Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Be Humble and Be Happy!!

Hey, Happy Halloween!! (realized I totally forgot to say that last week....)

Hope you all got lots of candy and ate all the butterfingers for me! And all the twix. Yum.

So this week was a defintie success. So many great things happened this week. Including a lot of service opportunities! 

We went to do service for the bishops wife because she is pregnant and can't do much. So we got to do the typical house chores...iron and fold the clothes, wash the dishes, sweep the floor, clean the bathroom and the best part of it all was entertaining the 3 little boys! We got to play games and it was just the best thing in the world. It truly reminded me of the scripture found in Mosiah 2: 17. I know that when we are in the service of our fellow beings we truly are only in the service of our Heavenly Father. The feeling after doing service is truly one of the greatest feelings we can feel. I am fully convinced that as we serve each day we will become happier people! 

We actually did a lot of service this week. We had an investigator who has been sick. I don't know if I ever wrote about her before.. but her son had passed away about 6 months ago and she has been suffering depression ever since. Sadly, she overdosed and was found in the hospital. We were able to go and visit her twice. It was hard to see her how she was. But it was such a peace we felt when we were with her knowing that she was so close to the veil. Even though she couldn’t talk or see us, I know she knew we were there with her.  A couple days later she passed away. I know that she continues to receive the missionaries there in the Spirit World. Sad to see her go, but good to know that there is more and this is not the end. The Plan of Salvation is real. 

Also, we served a lot with the Wedding and Baptism of the Elders investigator. It was great to see someone change their life to follow Jesus Christ. And I am so blessed to have been able to see this change!

Overall, we served a whole lot this week, which was something we had been praying about and were hoping to do. 

I have been studying a lot about being humble. It's something that I think we all need to be better at. As reading a I came across a few verses that helped me understand the blessings I can receive if I am humble. Doctrine and Covenants 1:28

 28 And inasmuch as they were humble they might be made strong, and blessed from on high, and receive knowledge from time to time.

I loved how it had the blessing-- If we are humble we will be made strong and blessed on high. But not only that, but we will receive knowledge from the Lord. Also another scripture found is in Doctrine and Covenants 112: 10. 

 10 Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers.

If we want to receive knowledge (like it says in the first verse I sent) we need to ask in prayer. But one thing I love is that if we are asking in prayer for knowledge and we are not humble, our Heavenly Father will not respond. It is so important to be humble while praying so when He does answer we will be willing to act on the response. Heavenly Father has so many answers and blessings waiting for us, he only requires us to be humble. 

It’s been a great week learning about the humility. Sorry it’s a little quickly written and maybe my idea didn’t come across very well... but just know that my testimony of being humble has grown tremendously! And I encourage you all to humble yourselves so we can receive answers to our prayers. 

I love this gospel. 
I love the example of Jesus Christ and how each and every one of us can truly strive to become more like Him. Its not easy, and it is definitely going to take all of our lives. But if we start now it will all be worth it.

Love you all so much!

Hermana McChesney

Oh, and "M" changed her baptismal date. We will be looking also more towards the end of November! Thanks mom for putting her name in the temple! 

Shout outs:
COLBY!! happy birthday last week. 

And OLIVIA SMITH!! Hope you had the best 21st birthday ever!!


         A new hermana came straight from the MTC and had these with her.  Oh the love!





                                     It snowed again. That's like it snowing in May.  Crazy!



No comments:

Post a Comment