Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Introduction: The Call

Hello everybody, I am starting this blog so friends and family. . . maybe stalkers. . . can stay in contact with me over the next 18 months. For those of you who have forgotten, or been out of the loop, I am headed to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will be in Argentina and could not have asked for a better place to serve the Lord.

Just a little rundown: I got my call January 9, 2013. . . but I had to wait for my parents to get home from a trip before I could open it. So, January 11, 2013 (my 19th birthday) I was finally able to open my call and a few other presents. But the best present I got was knowing where I would be serving for the next 18 months of my life. Here is a little video of the whole 3 day process as I waited and received my call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC7lhPFoU2Q

I could not be more excited to start my adventure June 5, 2013. It is coming up very soon!!  While I am away my mom will be updating this blog. So if she forgets, don't give her a hard time!


Farewell post coming next in a couple weeks.
-- Mikayla McChesney


No comments:

Post a Comment