Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Farewell.

I never thought this day would come....but MY FAREWELL TALK IS OFFICIALLY DONE!! You would have never guessed how stressful that whole week was prior to the farewell because surprisingly  the farewell turned out perfect. It ended up being such a wonderful day, stress free.


In church I spoke on the topic "As he thinketh in his heart, so is he" which is a scripture found in Proverbs 27:3. From what everyone said, I did a good job. But I never know if they are just saying that to make me happy or if they really mean it. But I do feel like it went well. Just so happy that stress is over.

We had a few friends and family over after for a little. . . I don't know what I would call it. . . Party? Celebration? I don't know. But, I just want to say I have the most amazing family and friends ever. They made the day flow perfectly and have always been so supportive in my decision. The food was wonderful, all of it! The yogurt bar, the Swedish pancakes, but most of all the DESSERT. 







Overall it was a wonderful day. Couldn't have asked for anything better. It was good to say goodbye to some wonderful friends and family, but 18 months will fly by, I am sure of it. 





This is it everyone!! I probably wont update this for a good year and a half. But it will be updated weekly by my wonderful mother. Could not be more excited to serve in Argentina and can't wait to start this new adventure!! Love you all. Feel free to write me---I promise I will write you back ;) 

--Mikayla McChesney

No comments:

Post a Comment