Monday, February 17, 2014

Sunday=PAYDAY!

This week reading all of the emails from the family, I have felt so blessed to be a part of this family.  Austin, I am so impressed with your ability to follow the spirit.  Truly, that is such a great gift to have.  Then with Jackson and the boys.  I'm so lucky to hear that you are all safe.  I know that the Lord is watching over you all.  Nothing is coincidence.

This week I also can truly say that the Lord has blessed me.  No, I wasn't in any type of accident or anything, but he is blessing the area that I am in.

I received my new companion.  Her name is Hermana Sanchez and she is from Chile.  She is great!  She is 19 years old and has been a member for about 2 1/2 years..well, almost 3.  She has a strong testimony and is so ready to work and bring others this same joy and peace that she has received.

I love Sundays because church is one way to see the progress of the previous week.  We had focused a lot in working with the less actives.  We finally visited with one lady who we could never get in touch with.  We talked about the church and asked her what she needs to do now so that we can have a branch in Fernandez Oro.  She was then motivated and said she would be at church.  We taught a lot about the church with our inactives and guess what...THEY ALL CAME TO CHURCH!!! It's true.  You can read that again.  They really all came to church.

Well, okay all the people we visited came to church.  Yep yep yep yep!

The "P" family (2) came.  The father, mother, and they brought 2 sons who are not members.  And then "L" was with them with his daughter.  Then "P" who also is a less active came with her sister, and then as the sacrament was finished, I looked out to the foyer  and I saw "A" with his little son.  WHAT??  Is this real life?  He is the one that asked me to pray for him and wants to change his life.  I saw him out there.  He smiled.  Then he came and sat with us.  We had 2 benches of people from Fernandez Oro.  Can you believe that?  Yeah, me either.

"A" said he would stay for a little longer after the sacrament...but he ended up staying the WHOLE time.  Yep.  It's true!  He loved it.  Also, the "P" family stayed the whole time.  One of the sons left the final hour, but still, WOW!  The 3 younger kids also were there and stayed in the primary and loved it.  They all want to come back.

Awwww!  Can I get a hoooooorahhh??

So, there you have it.  The happiest news ever!  I can truly see a branch in Fernandez Oro so soon!!!  I know that the church can help others feel the love of our Father in Heaven.  That is why they always want to stay.  There is something different in the church.  I love it!

This doesn't mean that there isn't any stress involved in Sundays.  Trying to get rides for everyone and waiting for the collectivo 1 1/2 hours before church starts are some of the stresses, but always so worth it.  The hard work pays off when I see the smiling faces :)

Something that I learned today that I loved.  "God is exalted- We are not!  He is perfect - We are not!  He must never be treated casually.  He possesses almighty power.  His brightness and glory defy all description" -- Skinner.  I loved it!  It made me think how casual I am when i talk to my Father in Heaven.  Or, if I really understand the power that He has.  I invite you all to reflect on your knowledge of our Father in Heaven and develop this relationship with Him.  Even if we already have a good one, we can always strive to be better :)


Hermana McChesney

Shoutouts:
--Shout out to Bethanna and TJ who are going to open their calls this week.  Keep me updated.  I know the Lord will bless you for your decision to serve.  Remember he will guide you and comfort you no matter where you are called to be.
--Shout out to Mary McChesney for the package.  I finally got it!!  And I loved it!!  I loved the dark chocolate.. I almost cried when I saw it ;)  HA!
-- Shout out to Janie Squire and Kristy Harker for the letters.  I loved them so much!!

Some of my favorite quotes of the week:
"I don't feel so nervous today in the church"-    "A"
"SoS Terror"--- "M" (This means I'm a terror because I convinced her to go to church..hahaha :)  



No comments:

Post a Comment