Monday, July 21, 2014

AHHHH...lice!

One thing I've learned here in the mission is that Pdays are the most stressful.  No, actually, that's a lie.  It's definitely Sundays.  But still, Pdays are just go go go!  There's no such thing as rest here.  ha!

So, just a couple funny stories to get you all laughing before we go all spiritual:
1.  I got lice this week, just on Austin's birthday.  Looks like they too wanted to come join the party.  So that was definitely nasty!  But looking back it makes me laugh, a lot.  I felt like I had the worst disease in the moment, and then I got realizing that it's totally normal here so I had to stop being dramatic ;)  So funny!
2.  I got my hair cut...I now have boy hair.  It looks great.  I love it.  It's so nice because now that it's cold I can just put a hat on and my ears are warm..ha!  KIDDING!  I didn't cut my hair off, but I did chop a good 3 inches or so.  We have 2 sisters living with us and one said she knows how to cut hair...I believed her.  And well, let's just say I'm excited to see Patty (my hairdresser) in 4 months.

This week was full of miracles!  Truly...I can't even describe.

Miracle 1:  "J" is still going to be baptized this weekend!  Yay!!  We had such a great and powerful lesson with him.  He is a 14 year old like Joseph Smith.  He is so smart, with SO many questions.  As he said the last prayer he said, "I know the Book of Mormon is true"..WOW!  How powerful.  He came to church and he just loves it!  We are lucky to have him in the church and to sooon call him a new member. :)

Miracle 2:  "JM" came to church!!!!  This miracle might even be bigger than the first.  Truly after 4 months working with him finally he is changing and opening his heart and having confidence in us.  He hasn't been to church since he was baptized 1 year ago and finally he came.  I've learned a lot of patience from him.  I can feel a change in heart as I teach him, and I've come to love him and truly hope the best for him.  He is a great man!

Miracle 3:  "R" came to church!!!  She also has a baptismal date.  Biggest change EVER!!!!!  She is reading the BOM daily and has questions.  She loved church, and I just love the lady!  She is just changing so quickly.  I can't even describe it.  She is 70 years old and said she'd never change.  It's great to see the spirit work in her.

Thank you to all those who read my emails and are praying for me.  I can feel the love of your prayers daily.  ME an my companion are so blessed.  WE love each other and are seeing miracles daily.  I can't even write them all here because I've got to save some for the homecoming talk ;) hahah!  No, but I know that miracles have not ceased.  I know that God loves us.  I know that He has a plan for us!

Best wishes this week.  So good to hear from you all :)

Love you!

XOXO
Hermana McChesney












No comments:

Post a Comment