Monday, November 10, 2014

Service. Service. Service.

Heyyy!!  WOW!  Can you believe it's already Monday?  No.

Thanks to everyone who wrote me this week.  I love reading your emails and letters.  I never got to thank the mission prep class for writing me either, so thank you!  I enjoy reading your letters and I am so proud of all the hard work that you're doing out there in good ole Highland, Utah.

First, AUSTIN!!  I'm so proud of you.  New Zone Leader.  I knew you would be!  I had a feeling just this morning thinking, "I'm sure he will be zone leader soon."  You're going to love it!  It's a lot of work, but one of the greatest opportunities you will ever have.  But, don't get too stressed ;)

Secondly, want to say thank you to the boys for writing me and doing such great acts of service.  you boys are going to be the greatest missionaries in the whole world.  Thanks for preparing young!  you'll be so blessed.  Keep looking for more opportunities to serve!  I know God will put people in your life each day that you look to serve.

And last but not least.  Thank you mom for all the hard work that you put into my schedule!  BEST MOM AWARD.  I love you forever. HA!  Sorry I haven't been much of a help, but it's a little hard to focus on both the world and the mission.  Sorry.  Give me a couple weeks and I'll totally help you :)

This week was fantastic.  Let me tell you what I did.

I rode on a bus for 12 hours in total.
yeah.

Zapala---> Neuquen
Neuquen ---> Zapala
Zapala ---> Chos Malal
Chos Malal ---> Zapala

Yep.  That was my life this week.  It was great though.  Best part of the whole week is that...I SAW HERMANA VILLALOBOS.  Mi hijita, mi amiga, mi hermana, mi companera...ah!  Estaba re feliz!  She is in Neuquen and we stayed with her and her companion.  It's been almost a year, so it was a great reunion!

We had our leadership meeting and it was so incredible.  It was great to see everyone and have some good deep doctrinal chats with them.  This leadership meeting we talked a lot about the atonement, and helping investigators understand the importance to go to church.  It's something hard here to master.  But at the end of the meeting, President gave a strong testimony saying how grateful he was for each of us and the love that he has for us.  He got emotional, and I couldn't help but get a little teary eyed, too.  Thinking of how much love he has for us as missionaries and a mission, and then putting that in perspective of how much our Heavenly Father loves each of us was so powerful to me.  It really made me think and ponder.  Then I got sad to see that this same spirit that we feel as missionaries comes to an end. (I think I'm getting a little freaked out...but really).  So, it was a great experience to listen to president and just reflect on the love that our Savior Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father have for each and every one of us.  We are all children, and we are all his missionaries preaching the gospel.

We were able to do a couple zone meetings with those from Chos Malal and also from Zapala.  It was a great experience. :)

Hermana Hansen and I are getting along great.  We sing way too many church songs and you know you've been a missionary too long when you start making jokes quoting scriptures, and then making up your own lyrics to church songs.  It's great.  We love being missionary nerds.  It's great.  I'll send you a little voice clip we made for the finance elder for giving us travel money.

I have a testimony of service this week.
We weren't in our area very long..a total of 3 days.
But we were able to serve so many others.
And for that...We had miracles in our area.
I know that the Lord is willing to bless us as long as we are willing to help others.  I know that through service we can feel the love of God even stronger.  There are so many around us looking for help, let's find them, and serve them!

Thanks for all you examples!  Keep up the good work.  I would love to hear more stories of service ;)

BESOS!!

Hermana McChesney

Shoutouts:
Shout out to Mary and Savannah!  So happy to have a new little baby cousin!  She looks adorable! :)



                                     Me and Hermana Villalobos reunited after a year!


                                     Leadership council with some of my dearest friends.



                                               Zone meeting in Chos Malal




No comments:

Post a Comment