Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Well, this is it..Goodbye Argentina!

Hello Family and friends,

This is it,

I believe that this will be the last email I will get to send to you as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Let me just start off by saying that I am so lucky and blessed to have been given this opportunity to preach His gospel and learn and grow in the mission Argentina Neuquen.  It's crazy to see it all come to an end....

This has been one of the greatest experiences of my life.  Truly, after being a missionary and serving the Lord, I could not imagine my life if I would have never done so.  I have learned so much!!  I've learned things of the world, but most importantly things that are not pertaining to the world..spiritually, physically, mentally, and emotionally.  Wow!  I think my Heavenly Father knew I had a long ways to go...so He put me to work ;)

I would just like to share a few short examples of the things I have learned here on the mission...

Things I have learned:
-I have learned to write my q's and the number 1 differently...thanks to all these Argentines.
-I have learned to enjoy eating spaghetti each week...and sometimes 4 times a week (it always goes with white bread).
-I have learned that jello is a dessert and not a side dish.
-Also, an apple, banana and pear are all desserts.
-I have learned that sweeping is the new vacuum and it needs to be done 43 times each week. #zapaladirt
-I have learned that it's normal to water the dirt so it doesn't fly up in the wind.
-How to naturally kiss girls on the cheek and then remember that this is not normal in the states..
-How to pay bills not through the Internet

.....okay, okay, those were all little jokes, but so true.

These are the real things I have learned:
-How to receive answers to my prayers
-How to study and learn more about the life of our Savior Jesus Christ
- How to work even when it seems like there isn't work to be done.
-How to testify and teach of the truthfulness of the restored gospel.
-How to cry with those who need comfort.
-How to follow the promptings of the spirit simply by just acting.
-How to stand up for what I believe and defend it with power!
-How to recognize God's chosen
-How to apply the Atonement each and every day.
And lastly,
-How to be a true member of the Church of Jesus Christ.

This mission truly has taught me so much.  Now, looking back at these past 18 months, I realize I still have SO much more left to learn.  That is when the Atonement of Jesus Christ comes into action.  We cannot do it all.  I could not have learned and mastered everything here in the mission.  But, thanks to our loving Heavenly Father, He sent His son Jesus Christ to help us with everything that we cannot learn, or cannot master.  He is our difference!

I have loved my mission, just like every return missionary has said.  But, I never understood the love I had for the work until I finally see the end...but the work doesn't end.  That's the greatest relief :)  We keep working.  The mission truly has made me a better member.  For that reason, we all keep working, all on the same team :)

Just a quick, super cool story, that is totally worth sharing in the last email.

So, once upon a time, my companion and I were planning.  We thought, "Well, it would be super nice to have more investigators..."  So, we whipped out the area book and went through old investigators...again.  We decided to call them with the idea of inviting them to be baptized (so not awkward, but soooo awkward).  So, that's what we did.  We called a solid 3 people.  First result, we forgot to ask them to be baptized.  Oops, but we did get a date to see them.  Second result, we talked to a lady named "E".  She is 25 years old and .....ACCEPTED A BAPTISMAL DATE!!!  WHAT!!  As I was talking to her, I think I almost had a heart attack.  So, we don't know her but she has a date.  Awesome!  It was a great success, even though she was the only one who accepted, we did our part and Heavenly Father provided.

Love you all so much.  Thank you all for the support and words of encouragement the whole mission.  I truly have the greatest family and friends in the whole world!  So blessed to be a part of all of your lives. :)

Here's to a great airport scene..um..do we cry, laugh, dance, or what?  Well, here's to awkward beginnings ;)  hahahaha!

Love you all!

Hermana McChesney














1 comment:

  1. ahhhh! I am beyond excited to see the pictures posted next week of the sweet reunion at the airport! Love her. These pictures made me cry. I am going to miss reading her weekly missionary posts. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete