Monday, November 17, 2014

Summer and SUNTANS

HELLO FAMILY!!  :)

So good to hear from you all.  And pretty sure dad mentioned 4 times that I'm coming home...haha!  So cute!!!

While you are all enjoying the cold weather..I'm here walking in the sun getting a nice farmer's tan.  HA!  It's super hot right now!

This week was great!  We had a lot going on.  We had a Conference with President which was incredible!  I have loved learning from him, his wife, and also his assistants that help us so much!  We learned a lot about how we can involve the members more in the work and how to get referrals from therm, too.  We did a couple practices and the spirit is always so strong.  One thing I love is listening to other missionaries teach me and my companion.

To be honest, in the past, I really didn't like practices at all... but really.  I always felt so uncomfortable and embarrassed to practice teach.  But then as the months have passed, I understand now how important teaching is.  The spirit is so strong and we as missionaries can understand now how important teaching is.  The spirit is so strong as we as missionaries can understand what we need to do better and what we should do and say in the lessons.  Entonces, for all those future missionaries out there, LEARN TO LOVE PRACTICE TEACHING EARLY IN THE MISSION.  (I'm not shouting, but just wanted it to be very readable and understandable so all can take the advice haha).

I was able to also give my farewell testimony.  That was weird.  I think that was the first time that it hit me that I was really going home.  Hermana Guerra, Hermana Hansen and I were all able to bear out testimonies.  While I was up there it was a feeling I have never felt before.  I think then is when I understood that I was going to miss the mission, and that I truly have been changed for the better here.  I know I still have so much more to learn, but what i have learned will help me to continue learning after.  It's a forever learning experience here, and it continues even after.  It was a very bitter sweet feeling...kind of like the sourpatch watermelon candy...but in a spiritual matter ;) ha!

Good news:
-"M" came to church!!!!!
-"R" gave a talk in church!  She's been active for only 5 weeks.  She did a great job!!
-"C" is giving a talk next week in church!!  We are going to help her and we are so excited!  She is excited, too!!!

We are going over to teach "C" today.  She has helped us in so many lessons!  She wants to be a missionary!  That just brings joyful tears to my eyes!

I love the mission.  I love all that is going on here.  I love the progression that we are seeing here. I know that there is so much to do, but my goal is to leave this area well off so my companion can have things to do.

Love you all so much!!

Thank you for all your support.  Couldn't be more blessed to call you my friends and family!

BESITOS!

Hermana McChesney









No comments:

Post a Comment