Friday, July 12, 2013

Last P-day in the MTC??

Okay, somehow today is my last P-day in the MTC?  Where has the time gone?  I was supposed to get my reassignment yesterday at dinner, but I never did.  So I am hoping (fingers crossed) it comes today around almuerzo or cena.  Who knows though.  If it does come I get to email you again, so you will know!  Yay!

This week was fantastic.  everybody has their travel plans in my district but all of the Neuquen Hermanas.  Que triste :(  Pero, esta bien!  It's just sad to think that everybody is going to be leaving.  Hermana Petersen and Hermana Roper have tourist visas to Peru, they leave Monday, and they aren't even flying out the same time.  So it's kind of a sad time this week at the MTC.  Everybody is so close. It's sad to think that we will all be leaving, but at the same time, I'm so excited!

Yesterday was In-Field Orientation.  It was from 8am-5:30pm.  Yeah, it's true.  I really sat in a room for that long! Ha!  But it was good.  They prepared us for the field.  we did a lot of role play with other sister missionaries.  It is a lot of fun to practice an approach and different teaching techniques with somebody rather than your companion.

We only taught Ian and Carlos a couple times this week.  My schedule has been pretty crazy as we have been preparing to leave.  (That is so raro to say).  Both of the lessons went really well with them.  I love them both so much.  It gives me a little glimpse into the future about how I am going to feel for my real investigators.  I truly feel like their salvation lies in my hands and they aren't even real.  Ha!  I am ready to get out and teach real people.  Think, it very well could be in a matter of days.  Eeek!

This week we had 2 amazing lessons from both Hermano Haug and Hermano Sagers.  They are trying to prepare us for the field both spiritually and with the language.  You know when they break out into English it is important.  So they spoke to us in English about how we need to give it our all, give our whole heart to the Lord because it is His work.  It made me think "Have I truly given him all I can?"  God gave us everything and the only thing we can give him back is our heart and our will.  So I have really been focusing a lot on that question this week.  I know I am far from where I need to be, but I am getting there day by day.  Hermano Haug asked us to write in our study journal all we have been blessed with.  Wow!  I have been so blessed my whole life.  Truly, God has given me a wonderful family, friends who are the best examples, the ability to receive and education, financial stability, a testimony, and the list goes on.  The least I can do for Him is to serve Him with all my heart these next 17ish months.

Also, Hermano Sagers did little "coaching" interview things with anyone in the district who had questions or needed help.  I decided to take the opportunity to learn and ask him how I can recognize the spirit better and with that use it to ask inspired questions in lessons.  It was a pretty broad subject, but after meeting one on one with him, I can say that I learned exactly what I needed.  I am now keeping a journal of all the times I feel the spirit throughout the day.  Clearly I know what the spirit feels like for me, but it's nice to learn how it speaks to me better and so I know how to recognize it and utilize those feelings in lessons.  D&C 50 verse 18(?)  has helped me so much.  I just want you to know that I have seen miracles here.  I have learned so much and small miracles happen each day as I strive to learn and serve.

This past week I was also called to be the Coordinating Sister.  Hermana Hafen and I have been so blessed with such amazing calls and opportunities.  It is our responsibility to make sure each sister feels loved, included, and is doing well.  I love being able to get to know them each better.  We go around each night and give "Buenas Noches" hugs. :)  Iss da best (nacho libre voice..duh).  I truly love my calling, love my district, love my zone, love my teachers...the list goes on!  I am so blessed and the only one I can truly thank is my Padre Celestial.

I will make this short, but I want to say I love you all.  Thanks for the support.  The church is true, I know it!  My testimony is growing each day---It it not where I want it to be yet, but I am motivated to increase my knowledge and learn as much as I can each day.  El Libro de Mormon es verdadero, y el palabras de Dios.  Yo se que Thomas S. Monson es el profeta de este Inglesia y es llamado de Dios.  Jesucristo es siempre aqui para mi.  I love this church, I love the gospel.  (So, maybe I can't write Spanish very well, but try to see where I am coming from, ha!)

The Lord is blessing me with the ability to wake up at 6:30 each day and get to sleep right at 10:30 each night.  Even if I do have bags under my eyes and this weird rash that won't go away on my face. HA!!

Hasta luego, hopefully later as in today!

Shoutouts:
--Shoutout to Dad, Austin, and the whole Willey family.  Hope you are all enjoying Montana!  Can't wait to join you in 2 summers ;)
--HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUU...Love you Austin!  Have the best birthday on the 16th.  Package coming your way!!
--Congrats to all the little boys and their baseball teams!  So proud of you all!  So lucky to call you all my siblings!  And mom, good luck sitting at all the baseball games. BAH!
Mikayla got to be the Host this week to her dear friend, Brandi Betteridge.  What a tender mercy!

 Mikayla and Hermana Albright enjoying some "free" time!

 Mikayla with 2 fellow lone peak friends...Sister Jacobs and Sister Wright.


No comments:

Post a Comment