Monday, August 5, 2013

Happy 2 months to me!!!


This week we had Zone Conference.  I don't know why, but when all the missionaries would talk about going to Zone Conferences, I thought there would be 200 or so people there.  Yeah no.  I was wrong.  There were around 70 or something.  So for all of you out there who are like me, oblivious in everything, zone conference isn't full of thousands of missionaries.  Ha!  But that's not important at all...sorry.  One talk that I really loved at our conference was by President Pingree.  He is absolutely incredible.  He talked about love and how to better love your companion.  He said "love is our greatest motivation---love for God, investigators, members, companions, etc.."  That is so true!  I am out here serving a mission because I love God and I love this gospel.  And because I love God and this gospel, I want to bring it to others....and the only way to do that is through loving others as God loves them.  I know sometimes it is hard to love everyone, but if we pray for that love..."ye may be filled with this love which He hath bestowed upon all who are the followers of His son, Jesus Christ..."  Moroni 7:48
was the talk by President

So, this is something I am working on.  Learning to love like Christ loves.  I know that as I develop love and teach with love to everyone, I am building a stronger relationship with my Heavenly Father.

As missionaries, I guess it is our job to make birthday cakes for every investigator's birthday.  I have been here for 3 weeks and have already made I think 4 cakes.  WOW!  I love it though.  Seeing how excited they get when we bring them a cake just brings the biggest smile to my face.  A lot of kids don't have birthday parties and don't get a whole lot.  So, they are grateful for the cake we bring.  I am happy I can bring them joy :)  It was one of our 12-yr-old investigators birthday.  She is the sweetest!  She was so excited we brought her treats.  While we were there, her mom started asking me why I decided to serve a mission and what my family thought.  It was great to reflect and bear testimony why I knew it was right for me and my whole process.


Ohhh!!  This week there was literally a lizard, yes, a lizard, in my apartment.  Here I am, sitting in my usual spot at the table studying in the scriptures, when I see this thing scurry across the kitchen floor.  I look down and don't see anything...but I knew something was there...so I go back studying and next thing I know, under my legs goes this lizard.  AH!  I screamed and I couldn't remember what they were called...so I scream, "AHH...it's uh...uh...uh SCORPION!"  Next thing I know, both my companions are yelling..."SCORPION?"  So here I am laughing trying to hunt this lizard down.  So we end up getting it with a cup...sadly chopped off its tail doing so (and if you didn't know, the tail still wiggles after it's been chopped off..yeah I learned that).  We then set it free outside.  I don't know if it lived.  But I think they can live without a tail...right?

We have been teaching English class.  Since when was I ever licensed to teach English..?  I don't know.  I guess because I speak it that is good enough right?  It is a miracle how many students we have!  We started with 3 and now we are up to 9!  It's so great.  We start every class with prayer and they are asking questions!  We hope something comes form it!  We also dog sat our neighbors dog these past couple days.  I am learning some great skills out here ;)


All of our investigators are doing so well.  Most of them are young, so we are working with their parents to get them to support as well so they can all come to church together.  Most of the moms are willing, but the dads are hard to get.  I am excited for all of them!  They are all so strong.  One of the girl's who is 9 volunteered to give the talk in primary next week.  These kids are young but have the strongest testimonies.  They read and pray together every night and share with me their favorite parts of the scripture stories each time we visit.  I am so blessed to have them as examples!




Well, time is ticking.  Best be on my way.
Love you all so much!!  Thanks for all the prayers and letters!  Love them all so much!

Les Quiero!

Hermana McChesney

Shout Outs:
--Shout out to Hermana Cydnee Squire for arriving home from Argentina!  YAY!  Can't believe you are already home!! Hope all is going well, and that you aren't too awkward ;)
--Both the Bird and McChesney families...hope the reunions went well.  They sounded like a blast!


Funny quotes of the week:
---"They should make a fat and furious Texas addition."
---**While passing a huge, huge cow statue after a lunch appointment**Might as well put me out there on my hands and knees.  That's how huge I feel...nobody would even notice it's not a cow"--Hermana Hosking

No comments:

Post a Comment