Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Mountains!! I see mountains!!

My District

Yes, Yes, It's true.  I made it to Argentina!!  I didn't get to email yesterday because from what I understood, it was a siesta time and something about Racist.. ?  Yeah, I was confused about the racist part but that's what I was told. Ha!

Well, I would love to email all about the travel here to Argentina but it would probably take ALL DAY.  It was such a long trip.  I did enjoy talking to you mom, dad, and all the boys.  Miss you all lots!

So the flight from Dallas to Argentina was about 10 hours, I believe.  I got onto the plane not even thinking that everyone was going to speak Spanish...yeah, they did.  So me and Hermana Malmrose somehow were the last ones to find room for our bags up top, then I had to sit between 4 natives.  Oh, just wait..it gets more comical.  So I have my personal item under my seat but I had front row so apparently you can't have them on the ground..?  They asked me to move it and the people next to me said not to worry about it..so I didn't.  Let's just say after the plane ride when the lady saw me pick it up from the ground she gave me a scold.  Whoops.

The plane was FREEZING!  To keep warm I put the blanket over my head and tried to save body heat.  Yes.  I was the crazy American trying to stay warm.  But hey, it worked! ha!  We then spent some time in Buenas Aires and then had to take another plane to Neuquen.  After arriving we met up with the AP's, president and his wife.  They were all so nice, I can't quite explain.  We slept in a hotel and then the following day we had to get finger prints and then figure out our new companions.  Yes, I am in a trio again.  It's rough...ha!  But, it's okay, it's only for a few weeks, I believe.  One of my comps is from Chile and the other has only been out for one transfer.  So, we are all pretty new to the area and new missionaries.  Our area is El Bolson..that's another 9 hours by bus from Neuquen.  I didn't sleep well for a good 4 days.  I'm in the Patagonia and it's beautiful!!  My companion and I are learning quick. :)

We had some great experiences this week.  We visited with a lady named "C".  She is a sweetheart.  I asked her when she knew that what we were teaching her was true if she would be baptized.  She said YES!! AH!  I know I know!  We have a date for the 16th of November.

There is a lot of work to be done out here.  There are about 500 inactive members in El Bolson.  Lots of work!  We have lunch with a member every day.  For example, today we went to a members house and she gave us this HUGE bowl of soup.  Thinking that was it, I took my time and was so full after.  No.  Then she brought out the main dish..which was beef, noodles, corn, peas, and potatoes.  Yeah.  I almost died.  And then..to finish the meal, fruit.  I had a food baby. HA!  On the bright side, we never have dinner so it's like 2 in one.

Yesterday for P-day we hiked a mountain to a waterfall.  It was so nice to be outside!  Loved it so much!!  I don't remember the last time I wore pants on the mission....seriously, it was in the MTC.  Hey, at least they still fit ;)  Wow.

I have a great district.  We only speak Spanish.  YAY!  We have an elder from Mexico that I love to talk with because I can understand him the most.  He reminds me of my family in Texas.  I miss them a lot, more than I thought I would.  I know after these 14 months I will feel the same about these Argentinos.

Thanks for all your examples!  I am learning the language quick out here, it's nice.  It is so pretty!  Remember our purpose here on the earth and always keep the atonement in mind.  Also,


Read D&C 67.  It really hit me hard.

Hasta Lunes!
Les quiero mucho!

Hermana McChesney

Shoutouts:
Shout out to all my friends and family in Texas.  Miss you all and hope you are all doing well.
Shout out to Hermano Contreras on the baptism.  I heard it was fantastic!
Shout out to Austin for getting sick...hahahaha weak ;)


This rock reminds me of home in Utah!

                                                                  I love my shirt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment