Monday, November 11, 2013

NERD

Buen Dia!

Como anda?  This week was quite a crazy one.  Truly.  I don't even know where to start.  I have a little sticky note of things that happened and things I need to write, but Still don't think I'll be able to write it all.  Also thanks for the solid 30 emails this week!  Truly so blessed.

This week we went to go by and visit the 2 new investigators we found.  We went first to "A" and she came out and said that she talked with her husband and he didn't want us to come. We'll try another time and bring our Malta (this drink I hated at first but now I think I'm addicted). We are not going to give up and just pray that the heart of the husband will be softened.

We taught the first lesson to "L" and she was so receptive.  She believes EVERYTHING.  Truly, she had no doubts that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ.  it was incredible.  Then we asked her to be baptized..and I think she got scared.  Soo...yeah.  We are still working with her and she invited us over again.  We are going to bring her to a baptism either Friday or Saturday (Because the elders have 2 this week).  Hopefully that can help her solve her fears.  We are SUPER excited about her!

Many members have given us references so we've been trying to contact them all.  Things are going well and we are happy about the new people we have met.

It rained SO MUCH this week.  We definitely were soaked most of the day.  We had an appointment to go and learn how to make bread with an investigator.  When we arrived at the appointment, our investigator came to the door crying.  She said she was having a very bad day.  She explained what has been going on and we taught her about the plan of salvation, how God is our loving Heavenly Father, and so many other doctrines.  We know that we had that appointment to make bread for a reason...not just to make bread, but to help her.  We never even got to the bread.  I know God is looking after all of His children and it is so incredible to see Him work through me.

We also had zone meetings this week in Esquel.  It was last minute so we had to cancel a lot of appointments which is always a bummer.  Again, I learned SO MUCH!  I love our zone!  We are changing a lot in this area.  This is the new generation of missionaries, and I am so lucky to be apart of it.  After zone meeting, we went to get our tickets to get back to El Bolson...but there was no room.  So, we had to stay an extra night.  We went out with the sisters there.  I love new experiences like that .  It makes me grow.

Oh, while we were waiting for the bus to get us, an Elder asked to see my agenda.  I gave it to him and he said that I was such a nerd.  He said my agenda was so perfect and organized and planned for every activity.  I was confused and thought, "Isn't that how it is supposed to be?"  I have been thinking a lot about that and thought, "Am I the only one that is this organized?"...and "Is that really nerdy?"...I then thought to myself, why should I change my ways?  I made an acronym for the word nerd:

Never
Evaluate
Righteous
Decisions

Obviously I am not putting myself above anybody.  It is just a funny acronym.  I have my standards of what I do and what I know to be right for me (even if it is as funny as an agenda).  I should not change these standards because it's different than others.  I want to encourage all of you to make decisions and standards and then don't change them or evaluated them when others judge.  I promise you will be blessed for holding strong to your standards.

Se que Jesuscristo vive
Se que este EVangelio puede bendecir familias
Se que he sido llamado por un profeta y el ha sida llamado de Dios.
Se que el Libro de Mormon es verdadero...lealo ;)

Hermana McChesney

Shoutouts:
Shout out to Bethanna Beifuss.  Congrats on receiving my package! :)  Can't wait to wear those shirts!
Shout out to Meisho (the cat of a member)...I couldn't help but laugh thinking of my mom's name :)  Love you mom!
Shout out to Chans for the spiritual thoughts and emails.
Shout out to Jackson for trying out for the basketball team...represent!
Shout out to my whole family.  EVERYONE!  Love you all.

P.S.  Transfers are this Sunday.  Wish me luck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment