Monday, November 25, 2013

Fernandez Oro...GOLDEN



Hola,

Emailing from Cipolleti right now.  It's about 75 degrees and there is a slight breeze.  To be honest, I don't quite know the temperature.  They measure it differently here so I just learn to guess..if I'm sweaty then I know it's hot. HA!

Yes, I made it to Cipolleti...but I am opening a new area called Fernandez Oro (which is about 20 minutes from Cipolleti).  Our apartment is not ready yet, there isn't any electricity, so I am staying with the Hermana Training Leaders until my apartment is ready, which will be in about 2 weeks.  Bummer!

My new companion is absolutely adorable!  She is from Costa Rica and is ready to work!!  YAY!  The first thing I said to her was, "You ready to work hard?"  Sure enough she is and she has been showing it so far.

It was sad to leave El Bolson because it was so pretty and the miembros are just the sweet4est!  They gave me so many gifts and so much food...so I don't think I'll be sending many pictures home this week ;)  They came and brought our bags to the bus terminal and one of the Hermanos me dijo "Did you bring the whole United States?"  I said, Yes, as I went to grab another bag! ha!  I thought that was hilarious.  We had a solid group of people meet us at the terminal to say goodbye.  They were the sweetest!  Poor little Hermana Lucic cried.  I sure hope she and her companion will be okay.

After traveling all through the night and not sleeping at all for a solid 24 hours, I showed up to pick up my cute little companion and I probably scared her half to death.  Truly!  It was a roughhh day.  I hadn't brushed my teeth, showered, or even changed my clothes or fixed my hair.  Nobody knows what she was thinking, but I just hugged her like I smelled like roses! ha!

We actually went to Fernando Oro yesterday after church to try and get some contacting done so we could find some investigators.  I promise you..these people are so prepared there!  There is only 1 active member and so we have a lot of work to do.  Each person we talked to, yes, each person, was so receptive and allowed us to talk to them.  AH I LOVED IT!  We had a lesson with a lady, and she flat out said, "I Believe all that you are saying."  We then contacted some people and each person said we could come back and teach them.  We now have 2 families to teach, and 4 others.  How amazing, no?!  I couldn't feel more ready.  The Lord is truly hastening the work and I know that He has prepared the people in Fernandez Oro para mi y mi companera.  We just kept smiling the whole night!  So excited!!

We will try and go back there each day and work..but it's just we have to pay for collectivo, so we will see.  Just know that GOOD THINGS are Happening! :)

The ward I am in is HUGE.  We are trying to get one started in Fernandez Oro and meet there 3 times a month and then once a month all meet in Cipo.  We will see what happens.  I truly just am so ready to work.  I love training and I love learning from my trainee. Oh, and yesterday in church, I was asked to go up and introduce ourselves as new missionaries.  After I was done, a monton of people came up to me and said, that I speak really well.  Boosted my confidence!  I have been told that numerous times here in Cipolleti and I was never told that in El Bolson.  I think the Lord is blessing me especially now that I am training and I need to have the knowledge to talk.

I can testify that our Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers and that He truly will help us through anything if we put our trust in Him.  I have seen it and I know each of you have too.  Don't be afraid to ask Him, for he will give if we ask.

I love you all SO SO SO MUCH!!

Hermana McChesney

Shoutouts:
Shout out to all those celebrating Thanksgiving.  Eat lots of pie and turkey and normal food for me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment