Monday, January 13, 2014

Happy Birthday to me!

Hello family!!  I have so much to write and I don't know where the time went?  Thanks to you all for the birthday wishes and emails!

Okay, Por fin, yo cumple 20 anos!!

Can't believe just last year I opened my mission call...Now here I am on the mission.  how quick does time fly?

It was such a great day!  It started out with a little futbol in the morning.  Every morning por medio we play futbol with our district!  We wake up early, but it's always well worth it.  As we ran to the park, we sat down waiting for the other elders and then out of nowhere there was a CAKE!  Yes, a real life cake.  It was vanilla with frosting of nutella (yes, nutella) and dulce de leche.  I almost cried!  How nice is my district leader?!

So, we cut the cake and ate it all..at 6:30 in the morning!  It was great! We took a picture and my district leader Agee printed it out for me...so I will send you a pic of a pic so you can see it!  It was the sweetest thing ever!

That whole day I just got fed so well.  It's never like that!  ha!  We had lunch, then stopped by a less active to wish her daughter a happy birthday, too.  Thinking it would just be a quick things, she gave us a slice of cake and then we were able to have a lesson with her and another less active!  It was awesome!  Working on the birthday.  Nothing better, FOR REAL!

We then visited with some investigators, but still, nobody really wants to progress.  One man did say that he wanted to go to church because he is looking for comfort in his life!  WOW!  So, we will see how that goes.

Also, best part of the whole day.  "L" and his family invited us over to have ASADO!  My first Asado in todo mi mision.   Yeah!  It was the best thing ever!  We had a great lesson with them as well.  We love teaching them!  I love seeing their progress.

"L" is such a great example for his family.  When we had the asado at his house, his nephew was there.  He has 14 years and is just the sweetest.  They walked us to the bus to make sure nobody robbed us and then the nephew said he was going to come to church!  WHAT?  Sure enough, he was there early, before us!  He and "L"!  It just brought tears to my eyes!  How amazing!!

These people are progressing.  I know that we are soon going to have a branch here in Fernandez Oro.  It has been slow, but these less actives are progressing.

I have developed a strong testimony of the work with members and missionaries.  It's the only way to get work done.  It's true.  We have tried to have a member with us every day!  It's been so great!  We have seen so many miracles!  So lucky to have members here who want to work and come out with us.  It's such a blessing.

Overall I had a great birthday week!  People are still giving me presents and cards.  It's just the sweetest.  I don't know how the word got around, but it's nice to know that I have family here on the mission who are looking after me :)

We had such a great week!  2 investigators at church.  Got in with many less actives.  Found 6 NEW INVESTIGATORS.  And the news that will shock you all.....dun dun dunnnnn...

THE DAILY SCHEDULE CHANGED!!

Yes, you heard correctly.  We changed the schedule for the whole mission.  We get to stay out later, get to sleep in a little more,  and use siesta time for our personal study and language.  HOW AWESOME!  I feel so privileged to have been a part in this experiment.  I know we saw miracles and I know that the whole mission will see them too!!!!

Love you all.  Love this church :)

Hermana McChesney

Shoutouts:
--Shout out to Brock!  Happy Birthday buddy this Saturday!  I'll be thinking of you!  You're the best!  Can't believe my little boy is turning 13 years old.  Keep up the good work!  LOVE YOU!
--All those facebook friends who wrote on my wall.....hahaha!
--Grant and Lindsey, Jennifer Turner, Garrity's and Mission Prep, Hemmings, Hopkins, Harkers, Garrett Fotu, and Chans.  THANKS FOR THE CHRISTMAS CARDS!!  Loved them all.  Truly was the sweetest thing ever!

                                               Found this when I woke up in the morning.


My district futbol group with the cake they made for me.


                                       Didn't realize my hair was soooo long!  I finally cut it!


No comments:

Post a Comment