Tuesday, August 19, 2014

And then, I sang 4 solos...

Hello my dearest family,

First of all, Sorry I didn't get to email yesterday.  It was a day when nobody opened (I don't remember the word in English..) and so we weren't able to email.  So we are all here now writing the family!

This week was great.  Sunday as we were adding up all our numbers we realized that this week was one of the best weeks we have had number wise.  We have seen a LOT of help from the members here.  They are coming to us and bearing testimony in the lessons.  It has been a great support.  The ward still is lacking in active members, but we are working hard to get all these souls back!

Oh, speaking of Sunday, imagine this.  So, I think my unofficial calling in the ward right now is the director of the hymns.  I'll take it.  I know my 4/4, 3/4 and so forth, but...just wait.  They ask me to lead again and so I go up to start to lead and then I look behind me and nobody is following me....AKA the pianist.  She wasn't there.  Ummm....So I looked at the bishop and said, "without the piano?"  He said...si.  So I looked out into the audience and I began to lead and sing.  Oh my goodness!  I almost died of embarrassment.  Good thing I knew the tune of the song because if not that would have been even more embarrassing.  And you know the feeling when you feel like you're the only one singing?  yep.  That was me.  I was singing loud because NO BODY sings loud.  So, I pretty much sang 4 solos in church.  It was great.

So remember "C"?  yeah, she is wonderful!  We have been teaching her and she is progressing so quickly.  We taught her the Restoration and she LOVED IT!  She said she felt at peace and feels life now is her time.  She said she has been studying and reading and everything because she really wants to know if it is true.  We also invited her to church and she accepted and said, "I need to go".  "I didn't go last week and I could feel a difference."  Wow!  So we went to pick her up Sunday to walk together and she was all ready and cute.  She said, "I woke up tired, but i knew I had to come to church today because I need that strength."  We were just stunned and I thought....Is this real life?

Yesterday was P-day.  We got permission to go to Primeros Pinos with a family.  So we went.  I sent some pictures.  It was great!!  My companion got to see the snow for the first time :)  She LOVED it!  We baptized her in snow...I don't think she liked that very much but it was fun!

It was overall a great week.  We are going to have a baptism on the 30th of this month.  I love this work.  I love being in Argentina teaching the Lamanites.  I've been reading a lot in Alma and I love applying the words of Ammon to my mission.  He was a great missionary and converted so many Lamanites.  I, too, would like to live up to his example!

This is the true church.  I know it, and I am living it.  The book of mormon is true.  It has brought me so much peace in the mission, and there is no denying that the Lord speaks to us through the prophets words.

I love you all.  Keep up the good work and ENJOY SCHOOL!  Ahh, so weird!  Jackson...be careful in high school.  It's a zoo! ;) ha!

LOVE YOU!
XOXO

Hermana McChesney












No comments:

Post a Comment