Monday, October 20, 2014

Round 3: ZAPALAAAA!

Buen Dia!  Y Feliz Dia de la Madre ayer!!  Love you mom!  So lucky to celebrate mothers day twice!  So I just want to say that I love you and that I am so lucky to have you as my example.  I truly am who I am today because of you.  So thank you!

Well everyone, I'm staying here in Zapala for my last transfer here in the mission and I have never been so happy or excited!  The fact that there is a lot of wind (I have to constantly hold my skirt down from flying in the air), I'm found sweeping the apartment 235 times a week because there is always dirt from outside, and the dogs that are everywhere, I'm still so lucky to stay here in Zapala with all the great people.  Never have I been in an area where the Lord has prepared so many at once.  I cannot wait to finish if off in the Land of Zapala!  Round 3.  Let's make it a win!

So as you can see, I am staying and my companion is leaving.  It was sad, but we did our part here together.  She is a great missionary and I learned so much from her.  She is definitely going to do great things in her new areas!  I am so excited about my new companion.  Her name is Hermana Hansen!!!!  We were together in Bariloche for a few transfers and I just love her!  My first Gringa companion here in Argentina.  Well, first companion gringa not in a trio :)  Let's see how the Spanish and English come together..uhh. ha!  I know I am going to fail English.  But, I'll be training Hermana Hansen to be an Hermana Leader so I'm pretty excited! :)

This week was great!  Sunday an Elder finished his mission.  He gave a great talk in church.  Everyone loved it!!  The bishop later came up to me and said, "Are you too leaving?"  I said that I was staying for one more transfer.  He then lit up and said, "Oh how good, because you are helping me out a lot with the music!"  hahaha!  I died!  But hey, at least I'm helping!  He still doesn't know how to pronounce my name...nobody does.  "Thanks to Hermana...um the Hermana..Missionera..for leading the music."  HA!  It's too good!

This week we saw "M" and "C".  Aw I love them so much!!  They are both progressing so much!!  "M" read the Book of Mormon for the first time and Loved it!  She read in 2 Nephi 31.  She started reading from that chapter at 1 am and read until 3 am.  Every time she read something she liked she highlighted it and then would wake up "C" to read it to her.  HOW CUTE!  I just die every time I go see them.  They are like my little sisters!

I know I have said it once, but I will say it again and again (plus 1000), that I know the Book of Mormon is true.  I know that if somebody wants to know if the church is true and they read the Book of Mormon they will know.  I have a testimony that if we want to receive an answer we will receive it.  I read a talk by and elder from the seventy and he said that there are 4 ways to receive answers to know that the Book of Mormon is true.  After reading that I have had a better understanding of how to teach my investigators...because it's not always a prayer that will help you receive your answer.  I know that there are so many other ways to know of the truth.

I am so happy to know that Ali returned safely.  She is incredible!  I know she was a great missionary!  So proud to call her my cousin!  I know that we are all fighting in this world, and I am so lucky to be one of God's soldiers.  Truly, I feel of his love and support each and everyday.  How blessed am I to be in the battlefield with so many great friends and family members!  Let's keep battling til the end.  For I know we will come out with a glorious reward.

Love you all so much!  Keep up the good work.  Let's all battle.  Remember you don't have to be a missionary to be a soldier.  Let's fight for what we know to be true!

Besos!

Hermana McChesney

We did a lot of service this week to help with birthday parties.  I love decorating!  HAHAHA!











No comments:

Post a Comment