Monday, October 6, 2014

Conference = The World Cup for Missionaries

Hellooooo!!!!

How much do we all love conference?  I just want to watch it over and over again.  Movie night?  Awesome.

But really.  How lucky are we to have the knowledge that we have a prophet today that leads and guides our church?  I really felt the focus that we need to support our leaders and prophets.  There may be times when we don't understand why, but we must always follow.  They are all chosen and called by the Lord.  Each calling is reveled by the Lord,  and we must sustain them and support them in all that they say and do.  Sometimes we may not understand all the reasons, but just like Nephi, I will go and do what the Lord has commanded.  Each of us should have the same mindset as Nephi.  He, too, didn't understand but he knew that it was a commandment from the Lord and he followed.

I had the chance to watch conference in English, and I watched one session.  But, I had the feeling that I needed to sit with my companion and "C" in Spanish (don't know why..) But I did.  And it was a great experience for me.  I was able to feel a different type of spirit.  I loved that I was able to listen to the 2 talks in Spanish.  I think that one of my favorite talks actually was spoken in Spanish about, "Lord, I will follow thee".  There was an incredible spirit.  And it made me think how I too can make sure I am on the right path and say to the Lord that I will always follow Him.

This week was incredible!  So many great experiences and memories I will always remember!  To start I would like to share a miracle that happened to us.

We were walking in the street and we weren't planning on going to visit a less active but we felt the need to do it, so we did.  As we almost entered her home, a lady called us over to her and said, "I know you are members of the church, I'm not.  But, I heard that you do baptisms for your loved ones who have passed away.  Is that true?"  We almost jumped for joy!  We explained that it was true and she wanted us to come by and explain more.  So, we were able to pass by a couple days later and let's just say, I have never felt the spirit so strong.  She had been looking for answers and comfort because her son had died about a year ago.  She had met some lady on the Internet who is from Mexico who is a member and long story short, this member told her to talk to us.  It was a moment I'll never forget.  She too felt the spirit so strongly and she is now praying to know that what we taught is true.  I know that the Lord is preparing his children for this gospel.

I have a testimony that the Lord loves all of his children.  And sometimes we all have to pass through things that will help us remember the Lord and draw closer to him.  He is always there for us.  he loves each and every one of us.  he will make it possible so each and every one of his children can return to live with him again.

Hope all of you have a great week.  Love you all!!  Congrats to all the family, and especially Austin.  You're doing great buddy!!!

Hermana McChesney

**Shoutouts to all those newly engaged!! Eeek!  So excited!  Pictures pleassssse!! :)





















No comments:

Post a Comment