Monday, September 23, 2013

Cielito Lindo..HA!



Thanks again for all the emails.  I literally laugh way too hard here in the library.  I try to hold it in, but it's impossible.  One thing I've learned on the mission is that ...I laugh way too much.  I think it's good, but others may think differently. HA!

Well, this week was full of adventures.  Somehow this week we were running short on miles.  On Thursday, we decided to walk to the store to pick up some clothes for our skit, and then to the post office.  It was such a beautiful day, just walking!  Then off in the distance we see black sky and clouds.  We realized we should probably walk a little faster.  We got the mail and then it started to rain a little bit.  I thought it was awesome!  So I was enjoying the breeze and the rain instead of the sweat and heat.  We walked for about 10 minutes and then straight down pour!  The whole back of my skirt was drenched and then the front was dry.  We still had a mile to go.  Then comes the lightning and thunder.  I thought for sure we were going to get hit by lightning and die.  The heading of the newspaper would read, "Sister Missionaries Trying to Save Miles Can't Save Their Lives"...yeah.. those were my thoughts.  People asked us if we wanted a ride, but we aren't allowed to.  Let's just say after 2ish miles in down pour, I felt like a champion when I made it home!  HA!


We had exchanges this week.  It was good.  I got to go out with Hermana Rife again.  We had some great lessons!!  One in particular was with "D" and her family.  Yes, I said family.  HER DAD LISTENED TO THE WHOLE LESSON!!  We taught about obedience and the ten commandments.  I asked the dad if he was interested and he said he was.  (heel click)  I was so happy!  It was great.  We told the mom again that "D" cannot be baptized if she does not bring her to church.  She didn't bring her this Sunday...so, that was sad.  We will hope for the next.

We are still teaching English class every Wed and Thurs.  It's so amazing!  I love it!!  We have so many new students.  It's getting a little hard to manage it all.  We are trying to get members to come and fellowship so our students can feel welcome if they come to activities.  Speaking of which, TWO OF OUR ENGLISH CLASS MEMBERS CAME TO NOCHE DE NATIONALIDADES! :)

Okay---Noche de Nationalidades.  Yes, it happened.  Was I humiliated?  Yes.  Did I act natural like Beyonce?  Yes.  I literally was so sick that whole day because I was so nervous.  It brings me back to basketball games and other events.  But it went well.  I had somebody film it so I am going to try and get it sent over (video couldn't be downloaded, so Mikayla is sending the SD card home.  Once I get it, I "might" put it on here...just depending on how humiliating it really is.)  We sang Cielito Lindo, then did a skit with all us missionaries, and then danced with the Relief Society.  The one that everyone died laughing at was the skit we did.  We had it look like we were midgets.  Hermana Hosking was my hands/arms, my arms were my feet, and then just my head.  Everybody was in tears, including me!  I don't think I have laughed so hard.  It went really well :)  "D" and her whole family came!!  She and her little sister danced with the primary.  The mom and dad loved it...and even grandma came!  It was great!  We had a lot of success that night!  So happy!!

I got to play basketball for the first time in FOREVER!  I forgot how much I missed it.  Played with all the Elders and a couple guys around here in Waller.  It was a blast!  Even if Hma Hosking and I were the only girls, we competed well.  HA!

Um...well, as for investigators this week.  We had a rough week.  We had some great lesson though as always.  One thing I've noticed is that all the good things always out weigh the bad things!  So as hard as a week this may have been, we still had success in other areas.  It's nice to know that each week is different and we have different things to look forward to.

Oh, we had interviews this week.  I had a great interview with President.  He had me pray in Spanish and he said that my Spanish sounds fantastic and is much better than last time he saw me.  He asked Hma Hosking if I could take on the area...yeah.  So please pray for me. AHHHH!  I don't know how I feel about that.

I was studying today on pride and contention.  I found a lot of great scriptures in Proverbs.  I now have a better understanding of how some of my investigators are and how I can better help them and connect with them.  I love personal study, it's sad we only have 1 hour (I never thought I would ever say that before the mission..it's true, I'm growing up. ha!)  I just know that love always beats contention, always.  Nothing good comes from contention and it can easily be avoided.  I am excited to use what I have learned in teaching.

Well, hope all is going well for you all.  Love and miss you all :)  Remember to read your scriptures and through Christ all is possible, I know that to be true!  Read Mosiah 24: 13-16

Con amor,

Hermana McChesney

P.S.  It looks like I have a disease on my foot...too many ant bites.  I stepped on an ant hill...

Shoutouts:
--Shout out to Jackson Wooden on the mission call to the Philippines!
--Shout out to Dad for visiting Forks, Washington!  Ha!  Dying!
--Shout out to Austin..Zone Leader!  YEA!
--Shout out to Steph Mersmann for the letter.  Loved it!




No comments:

Post a Comment