Tuesday, September 3, 2013

"You look young, like a teenager.."

Hola familia!

Well, today is September 3, the day that you said your goodbyes to Austin.  I know it is probably hard on you all, but one thing that has helped me is to realize that he is not alone.  There are so many people there helping him through the process, one being our Father in Heaven.  He is going to be Austin's best friend on the mission, as He has become one of my best friends.  Remember that Austin and I are happy...nothing is better for us than a mission.  Our family can do hard things.

We had transfers!  I am still in Waller, don't worry.  The cows wouldn't be able to survive without me so they decided to keep me here. ha!  No, but Hermana Serrano left us so it is just Hermana Hosking and me.  We have a lot of the same ideas and even though our Spanish is not perfect, we are working together at it and have really grown spiritually as we have learned to depend on the spirit for help and guidance.  We are changing up a lot of things this transfer and we couldn't be more excited!  We are motivated!  Can't wait to see where things go!

We got dropped by one of our investigators which was a bummer, but then it made us realize that a lot of our investigators are not progressing and may have the wrong idea why we are there.  So, we are changing a lot, whether it is dropping people, in a way re-teaching people so they know exactly our purpose, etc.  It is going to really help us out, I think.

So, pray that everything works out as we start refining the area!


This week was pretty much 'Rejection Week'..but still great things happened.

We didn't get in with a lot of our investigators.  Our kids that would come to church aren't coming anymore because one of the parents got offended, and now these kids are trying to convince "D" out of baptism.  We had a first lesson with a new investigator we were referred to and when we went over she wasn't available, so it was a rough week.

But, as we prayed for opportunities to help, we ended up helping an old English class student find a job and now he is so grateful and wants to come back to class.  :)YAY!

This week I learned a lot.  I learned that God breaks you down just to build you up stronger.  I have been broken down time and time again out here, but I am changing my ways and views about a mission which I know is Him building me up stronger.  I am so grateful for the trials and challenges.

I know this is the true church, and all I can do is testify and hope that others can learn to know for themselves.

Love you all!
Hermana McChesney

Shoutouts:
--Shout out to Dad for having a birthday tomorrow!!  So lucky to call you my dad, and have such a great relationship with you!
--Shout out to Lauren Eastman for the letter.  TANTO TIEMPO MI AMIGA!! :) ha!



Funny things that happened this week:
--well our neighbors got evicted for 'criminal activity'....hahaha
--"Hey Hermana McChesney, you look young like a teenager..."  Well, I am still a teenager.  I'll take that as a compliment!
--We had this cockroach in our apartment..Hna Hosking and I screamed for a good 5 minutes debating who was going to kill it.  Literally the bugs here are HUGE!!  So, I took the challenge and stepped on it...I think I screamed for 4 minutes after.
--Attempted to do zumba this week.  HA!  We will just stop there.



No comments:

Post a Comment