Monday, September 16, 2013

Houston, we have a (mouse) problem!!

Hello, Hello, Hello!

So first things first...we have a mouse in the apartment.  Yes, it is so true.  I saw it with my own eyes this morning.  Let me give you all a little run down.  So I wake up at 5:50am (yes, this is real life) and I am downstairs pouring myself some water before heading out the door to zumba.  Out of the corner of my eye what do I see?  A mouse scurry underneath our dishwasher.  YES!  Hermana Hosking was upstairs so I screamed and then ran to go tell her.  Sadly we have not seen the mouse since, and just have to live with the fact that maybe we never will.  HA!  We are buying mouse traps today.  I will keep you all updated on this nightmare ;)

Anyways, HELLO!!!  It was so good to hear from so many of you this week.  Why am I so blessed to get emails upon emails?  I haven't quite figured that out yet, but I do want to thank you all for taking the time to write me and tell me about your life and dropping spiritual thought.  They always help so much!

So, this week we had some more miracles!  Things have been going so so well.  We have been teaching a lady named "J" who is probably 60 years old and the sweetest thing ever.  Her son is a recent member so that's how the missionaries first go in with her.  She hadn't been progressing, so we decided to restart with her and that was the best thing that ever happened!  She is not able to read so we have been reading from the Libro de Mormon with her and also the little pamphlets.  We only cover a couple points each time because her attention span is short.  This week she wasn't feeling well, and she expressed how it's been a hard week.  We bore solid testimonies to her and then I asked her "Have you been praying everyday?"  This was in Spanish, and I thought I said it right...and I still think I did.  She just said "si" and then bowed her head and started to pray.  Hna Hosking and I just looked at each other, smiled, and then bowed our heads to join.  She gave one of the most sincere prayers I have ever heard.  Not only that, it was her first prayer she gave that was NOT a recited memorized prayer.  We were so excited!  I know that maybe that was not what I was asking her to do, but it worked out for the better.  God really does work in mysterious ways right...por ejemplo..making people not understand my Spanish!  AWESOME!

We didn't get in with "D" once this week.  Yeah, super big sad face.  She and her family were very busy.  She still came to church, however :)  Once again I sat next to he and fought back tears as she sang her heart out.  These people kill me!  I love them so much.  We still have the baptism date with her, but the branch president said that we cannot baptize her until her mom takes her to church because she can't be reliant on only members.  So, we hope we can get the mom to take her so we can follow up with the baptism.

Um, Oh yeah, adding to the mouse story.  We have bed bugs.  It's fine though.  They aren't in my bed!  HA!!  Poor Hna Hosking has bites all over her legs.  Luckily we have 3 beds...so the one with the bed bugs is definitely going to the trash!

Family home evenings are going well.  We have another one tonight actually!  We have 2 investigators and their families coming :)  Two cheers for excitement!

Okay, you all are going to die when you hear this.  So guess who is singing and dancing for Noche de Nationalidades...yeah, this sister missionary!  Our branch is doing a little talent show where all the people in our branch show off their country.  So somehow Hna Hosking and I have to sing a song called Cielito Lindo (look it up) and then do a dance with the relief society.  It is truly going to be humiliating.  Each time we tell somebody what we are doing, they burst out into laughter and say "Ohhh we gotta go see this".  It's this Saturday, so we will just leave it at that.

Overall this week was great.  We got in with nearly everybody we wanted to and have a good 3 progressing investigators!  The work is moving!  It is so amazing to watch the Lord's hand in my life.  I truly feel like this is my mission, here in Texas.  I am becoming less worried about my Visa and more on helping the people while I can.  I don't know when my time will be up here.  I love the people here and I am really learning to see them how God sees them.  It's such an incredible experience.

Football season has started up here.  It brings back way too many good memories :)  Not the ones in the snack shack though...those will probably never be good memories! HA!

Love you all!!
And remember--THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!

Con Amor,
Hermana McChesney

Shoutouts:
--Shout out to my girl Bethanna Beifuss for writing me a letter!!  Missed you way too much!!
--Shout out to Jackson and Dad for their letters they wrote from the family reunion...literally laughed so hard at those.

Funny things that happened this week:
--While driving here to the library, the emergency brake was left on....Hermana Hosking pushes it down and so seriously says "Some emergency brake".  We lost it laughing.  (Sorry...mission humor)
--Each and every morning for comp study we sing a hymn together.  For some reason we can never make it through without laughing...literally..it's sad.  We laugh because there is always a note we cannot hit and so we go quiet or try and it just gets so awkward. HA!
--For Hermano Contreras birthday he wanted us to make him tortillas.  Yeah.  So yesterday was the day...and we did.  All I have to say is I think I mastered a good 6 out of 30 tortillas.

Well....that's all folks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment