Monday, December 2, 2013

Conference with Elder Romeo de la Sesenta

Estaba pensando, "you quiero escribir TODO de esta carta en Castillano", pero, I don't think you'd like that very much ;)

So this week was great.  A lot of great things happened actually!  We are still unfortunately living in Cipolletti, and have not yet moved into our apartment in Fernandez Oro.  We have been using a lot of money traveling every day.  Luckily, I talked to President and it is all reintegros.

We had some great lessons in Fernandez Oro this week.  We had a referral from the one member there.  The investigator was a little hesitant at firs but sure enough she let us in and as I said the opening prayer and began teaching, she started to cry the whole time.  She has had a lot of hurt and we talked about the love of Jesus Christ, his Atonement, Prayer, and pretty much everything that she needed to hear.  She was such a sweetheart.  We are hoping for good things from her. We also talked to her husband and he wants to listen, too.  YAY!  Miracles truly happen every day.

Also, NOTE TO SELF:  Always bring toilet paper.  I didn't realize that people here don't have any.

We had interviews this week and a conference with Elder Romeo de la Sesenta (member or the 2nd quorum of the seventy).  Elder Romeo did a great job.  We learned a lot about convincing to convert and convert to convince.  I never liked the word "convince"...but I love how he described it!  We do need to convince our investigators, but only through the Holy Ghost can we.  He also talked about using the Book of Mormon more.  That is one thing I have been stressing in my study.  KNOW THE BOOK OF MORMON!

Another great lesson I learned was from President Lovell:  Sometimes we aren't going to know what we are doing or where we are supposed to go, but we can compare this story to Nephi.  Nephi went to try and get the plates 2 times, and on the 3rd time he had no idea what he was going to do, but he kept on taking the steps.  We need to have faith to take the steps.  As long as we take the first step and show to our Heavenly Father that we are dedicated and have faith, he will lead us.

Through taking the steps, we found many more people that are prepared for the gospel.  While waiting for the collectivo, this lady just asked us to come to her home and teach her because one day missionaries served her and she would like to hear what we have to say.  She said, "I know that you are here to teach people and so I need to listen."  Crazy, no?  We had many other experiences like that this week.  WOO!!  Can't wait to just live in the area now!

I am so lucky to have a companion who wants to work and wants to find those people who are ready and prepared.  Its' so great!  We have a lot of great ideas.

Hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving.  My Thanksgiving was the Conference, and then afterwards, our Almuerzo fell through so we went to a church and cooked Milanesas and Papas (just like every other day..)  It was good, but I must say that I missed my stuffing. ;)

Look for opportunities to serve.  I invite you all to invite a non-member friend to the Church Christmas activity.  I promise.  You won't regret it :)

Dream big and don't forget to pray!!

Con amor,
Hermana McChesney

Shoutouts:
Shout out to Kayla Dollar..I am serving in the same mission as one of your friends.  Last name is Agee. What a small world!
Shout out to Zach Mortensen for writing me a letter all in Castellano.  BUENISIMO!



There was a talent show and I had to act..yeah, in Spanish, remember that.  I was just a joke!  I guess I'm just a weirdo or something, but that's not the point.  Elder Pontelli and I made this awesome camera that I had to use, so we laughed so hard.  Yes, this is a pretty dumb story.  Enjoy!  I'm done...HA!



No comments:

Post a Comment