Monday, March 24, 2014

Cheers and Tears to Another Transfer

Hello family!! :)

Well, I know you're all dying to hear if I got transferred or not...and...Here's the news:

Dun dun dunnn

I'M HEADED TO (for safety reasons I can't disclose this)!!!!

It was such a bittersweet moment.  I knew I was leaving but I had no idea where I would be going.  But to make it a little even more exciting..I will be the newest sister training leader.  I'm super excited for this new adventure!  I know that it is going to be absolutely incredible there!

It was hard to say goodbye to a lot of people.  Just yesterday in church I hadn't told anyone yet and then one of the councilors announced that he wanted the missionaries that were leaving to bear their testimonies.  Of course I would be the one to go first (I know for a fact that the bad luck runs in the family).  So right as he said my name, I stood up and my heart just dropped.  I am pretty sure I started crying before I even got to the pulpit (also, another bad trait that runs in the family hahaha!)  So I got up there and expressed my feelings and bore my testimony.  It was super hard to express everything.  But then after I had to go back and sit by "L" and "A" and they felt bad because they couldn't comfort me.

I was a mess during sacrament meeting and so were the other members that were sitting next to me.  So much time in this area and so much love for these people!  AH!  But right now I'm good! :)  Happy and good!!

It was hard to say bye to a lot of people!  Especially "L" and "A".  I have seen them change 180%.  Truly.  They are going to be strong forever!  I know they are the reason that I was sent to Fernandez Oro.  We went to see them last. They had friends over and they were pretty much just preaching the gospel to them!  IT WAS THE BEST!!  They said they are getting shirts and ties!  YAY!!  And they are working to get the priesthood by conference.  I literally can't describe how happy I am.  The priesthood!  HOW INCREDIBLE!!  We had a great conversation and they are going to be faithful for life...I know it and I feel it!

I've made a lot of good memories here in good ol' Fernandez Oro.  Here are a few highlights:

-When the dog bit me with no teeth.
-Eating Asado!
-Making lunch in the apartment!
-Running to the bus stop every day..and sometimes missing the bus.
-Knocking doors and having 9 dogs barking.
-Eating at every house we go to....yes...every house.
-When the 75 year old man wanted to play with my hair.
-Jamming and making music videos to church songs!
-Visiting Hermana "M" (only member) every day!
-Seeing the change in peoples lives
-Watching the less actives come to church for the first time in YEARS.
-The baptism of "R"
-Washing my clothes by hand!
-Chasing a dog that escaped from the house of a member.
-And last but not least...Each and every member and person that I have taught!  I cannot express how great the memories have been!!

I'm going to miss this area.  I haven't loved an area more.  One day...super super soon.. there will be a branch in Fernandez Oro...and I will attend it. :)

Wish me luck!  I have quite the adventure ahead of me.  Bring it on!!  WOOO!

Hermana McChesney

Oh, and so you know, my Spanish is good!!!  I feel comfortable! :)

Shoutouts:
--Shout out to all the boys for killing it this week!! Keep up the good work.  Especially with the geneology! :)
--Shout out to all the new called missionaries!  Let's hasten the work!!!  YEP
--Shout out to Mom, finally getting the neck fixed!  I told you that I always wanted to go to a chiropractor...now I might just have the approval!! :)


                                                   













No comments:

Post a Comment