Monday, March 10, 2014

Hey, I was on the radio...yep!

Hello family,

I sometimes feel like p-days are the most stressful days.  I feel like the time is just ticking the whole day and there is never enough time to do it all.  Ah!  So, if I sound a little rushed, it's because I am ;) Ha!

This week was, well, it was another week.  We didn't have a whole lot of success.  But that's just part of the mission, right?  I'm lucky to say that there aren't many days like that.  There still were miracles (because every day is full of them..just open your eyes people haha).

Last Monday, after p-day, we had a FHE with a less active.  Her whole family participated and they were loving the activities.  Not to mention that I loved them, too.  I'm such a kid.  But after the FHE we decided to contact someone we found in the street.  We couldn't find the address, so we asked people outside and they said, "who are you looking for?"  Just then we saw who we were looking for and we said, "her"! (that sounds a little creepy...ha!)  We all started laughing.  They let us in and we talked.  Oh, did I mention there were 10 of them?  Yeah, talk about almost crying.  Wow.  And then they had questions.  When they asked about the Book of Mormon, we taught and testified.  And they were all quiet.  Truly cricket chirping status.  They LOVED it and ACCEPTED it!  So they said we could come back and teach.  There's 10 new investigators...HOLLAAA!!

After that, we had a rough time finding people.  We got in with a lot of less actives which was great!!  I don't know why, but I have so much more joy when they come back to church then when an investigator is there?  Is that bad?  Probably.  But, it's just a feeling I will never get sick of.

I was reading in Alma 17 about Ammon and the sheep (okay I read it in Spanish and I can't remember the words in English...I think they are sheep..?)  I related it to the reactivation of members.  Read Alma 17:11-12.  It's too good!

Talking about miracles,  the "P" family bought a car.  YEP!!   They began going to church and putting God first in their life and even though they don't have money or anything, they somehow had enough to buy a car.  Now they can travel to church!!  YAY!!  They were so excited!  They couldn't help but express their gratitude.  They know it's because they started going to church that they have received these blessings!  YAY!

Funnies:
Okay, for an awkward story, I was proposed to.  Yep!  I was explaining the law of chastity and why we live the law and how families can be together forever.  Then this guy asked if he went to church with me if I'd marry him so that we didn't have to break any commandments.  He was just joking around but it caught me off guard.  I used to be real good with this stuff, but now I realized that I've turned into that awkward missionary.  I hoped that this day never would come. :)

Just made me think that some people aren't going to accept this gospel, but it's our job to teach it.  No matter what happens.

Oh also..I WAS ON THE RADIO!! :)  I got to explain that I was a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints and that I was from the States.  It was pretty awesome!

Sorry this email is way too crazy.  I've run out of time.  So good to hear from all of you.  Love you!

Hermana McChesney



It was my 9 month mark at the beginning of March, so I did the tradition of burning a pair of socks.



No comments:

Post a Comment