Monday, April 7, 2014

Conference. Oh Conference!

FAMILIA!

Hello, let's all just talk about how incredible conference was..Yeah.  I felt like I was in the movie theater watching a new movie or something, that's how great it was!

But anyways, I want to talk about some other things quickly before I get carried away. :)

This week we got to head to Neuquen.  All of the Zone Leaders, District Leaders, and Sister Training Leaders had to head for training.  It was super great!  But, just picture this...Leaving at 11:30 pm and traveling 6 hours or so in the night, sleeping on a bus and then getting to the terminal at 5 am and hearing that we have to stay there until 6:30 because that is the time we were getting picked up to get to the church.  Yeah it was rough!  We were so tired!  I slept under a bench..so...yeah, we'll just leave it at that!  ha!  Hey, you got to do what you got to do.  :)

The training was great!  I love being surrounded by leaders who have so much knowledge.  It makes me grow!  We learned a lot about teaching better and how we need to make our lessons shorter and more powerful.

We then did the same thing and traveled back to Bariloche in the night.   So, for 2 days I truly felt homeless as I did not sleep in a bed.  I don't have any pictures because I didn't really want to remember what I looked like. ;) HA!  I'm sure my mom will find some off the mission blog.

Remember the man that had a baptismal date and wants to be baptized?  Well, we came to him and presented to him a program how he could stop smoking..it was incredible!  We bought all the stuff an we had so much faith.  Then we got there and he couldn't accept it :(  It was a rough day.  But all is well.  I know that Heavenly Father has others ready for me and the gospel.

It got me thinking.....Why is missionary work so hard?

I printed off a talk during our online study hour and I found my answer.  It is a talk by Jeffrey R. Holland called "Missionary Work and the Atonement" (I believe).  I found the answer to my question.  He said, "Missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience".  WOW!  He goes on to express that we should not think it should be easy, because when we think about Jesus Christ..was it easy for Him?  No.  Why should it be easy for us?  I encourage all those planning on serving a mission to read this talk (hint...little brothers). xoxox LOVES!

Back to conference...I loved watching it in English and singing in English and just being with all the gringos! HA!  It was the best!  I truly have a testimony that the spirit can be felt so strong in our native language...I've missed it a lot.  That's why we've been told to study in our native language.

We had 3 investigators at church :)  YEAHHH!!  They all loved it.  We are planning on putting baptismal dates with them today.  Pray for us!  They all were so interested and they even sang loud when we all sang.  I spent one session in Spanish with them and I understood but it wasn't the same to not hear the real voice of the apostles.  I then again was so grateful to know English and have a better desire to help my companions learn English so they can listen to the voice of the prophet!

Well, that's all folks.  Things are great here!  Love it in Bariloche.  I'm learning a LOT!  I can't wait to look back on all my mission experiences when I'm an old grandma and say, "Remember when.." and then relate it to what I've learned in life.  But for now, I'm just a twenty year old girl trying to learn and help others find the truth.

Best wishes this week.

Love you all!!
Tu Hermana, Hija, y Amiga
Hermana McChesney

Shoutouts:
--Shout out to Katie Beifuss for having her baby!  So adorable!!
--Shout out to Myranda Thurman for the email on her conference experience!  Loved it!
--Shout out to all those going into the MTC this week :)  YAY!
--Shout out to Steph Barrett for the email and the photo of little Paisley!  So cute!
--Shout out to Janie Squire for the email and update!  So good to hear from you!  Thanks for the prayers!




No comments:

Post a Comment