Monday, April 28, 2014

I am His Hands

Well family, this week was truly another week of chaos, but good chaos.  I had to head to Neuquen again to do Tramites (2 days of travel), but hey ya'll guess what...

I'M LEGAL!!!

After traveling to Neuquen we then had to head back to San Martin to do exchanges, and then from San Martin one day to Junin to do exchanges with the other hermanas.  So, let's just say I only had 3 days to work in my area this week.  But, I will testify that when we are in the service of others, we truly will receive SO many blessings. Our area ROCKETED above the Andes mountains this week.  HOLLAAA!!  It was just miracle after miracle.

We found 2 new investigators that are of gold.  One is 23 years old and doesn't really believe in God or Jesus Christ, but she wants to.  She is so receptive!  I just love her!  Then we have a boy who is 14.  He went to a convention with all the youth of the church because he has a friend who is a member, and he LOVED it!  But not only does he want to go to church, his mom and family do too!!  Ah let's all just cry a little.  YAY!  I know I have been chosen at this time to teach them.  I am so excited for this next week.  It's going to be a great one!

I've decided to write down a few things that my mission has taught me so far:
1.  How to read and study the scriptures.
2.  How to follow the promptings of the spirit.
3.  How to think of inspired questions and expound my knowledge.
4.  How to truly love!
5.  How to accept the Lord's plan for me.
6.  How to teach in a way that all can understand.
7.  How to laugh when things aren't going my way and work harder.
8.  How to be more like Christ.
9.  How to challenge myself.
10.  And most of all, How to accept the Lord's timing!

I have truly learned to accept that the Lord's timing is not my timing and that sometimes we cannot control everything.  That's been one thing I know I have learned here.  Sometimes we as humans, or maybe it's just me, or maybe I'm not human...umm...anyways, sometimes we humans want to have the control in our hands.  We want to know what is for lunch, what we are going to do each day, what our purpose is in this life, etc..But, I've learned that on the mission the control is definitely in the hands of the Lord.  And right now, I am His hands.  How privileged am I to be His hands in a time so crucial?!  I've given up my control to be guided by the Master Himself.  If that is not a a gift, I don't know what it.

I have made memories here I will never forget.  I have had experiences I will always cherish.  But one thing I truly have done is change.  I have changed!  I have become somebody better.

Seeing miracles each day is such a blessing.  Seeing miracles with the Hermanas that I am with is just incredible.  I have seen us grow together, and I have seen the Lord work through us!

Love you all.  Please pray for me this week :)

Hermana McChesney

Shoutout:
Shout out to Grandma and Grandpa Bird.  I GOT THE CALENDAR!!  It's only been 6 months since you mailed it. ha! Now I can be on top of all the birthdays like Austin is!  It looks so good :)

Interview day with President.  Here I am with Sister Lovell (President's wife) and other hermanas in my zone.  Thanks Hermana Gonzales for the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment