Monday, June 9, 2014

Famous in ARGENTINA!

Well, this morning has started out a little rough.  Let me just fill you in.  We locked ourselves out of our apartment.....keys are inside.  Oops!  Good things we have everything.  We will work it out later.  Ha!  And then I gave my memory card to my companion to send pictures...the computer had a virus and now ALL my pictures from this transfer have been erased.  So.  Yeah.  Let's just say it's been a successful morning so far.  HAHAHA!  I've decided that worse could happen, so I'm happy again ;)

Speaking of happy...well, background information first.  I left my plaque as of a week and a half on exchanges (always losing things on exchanges).  But, just last night the Hermanas from Frutillar, other area in Bariloche, called me and said a member found my plaque in the street undamaged and perfectly shiny :)  YAY!  My Heavenly Father Loves Me!  So there are reasons to smile today!

This week was too great!  This past Pday we hiked the prettiest mountain ever.  It was POURING rain.  It was so muddy and slippery, so let's just say that lots of us fell, but it was a blast!  We got to see the prettiest view.  My companion and I even threw out a Step Up 2 dance party in the rain.  Ha!  Maybe it's a good thing that video got deleted!  So funny!  But, after our Pday, I got back and my boot zipper was broken...rough.  So this week I had to buy new boots.  But, with that problem we found 2 new people to teach.  Yep!  Trying to see the positive.  So, I'm getting my boot fixed and I bought some new ones.  It was the worst.  SO EXPENSIVE!  Hopefully they will last.

Tuesday we had an experience of a life time.  Hermana Vivi asked us to go with her to the radio station to promote the Capilla Abierta (sorry mom, I forgot...that means Open Church..).  So my companion and I and Vivi went.  We just thought we'd tell them what it was and they would announce it..NO.  We see "On Air" and then as the light goes off, this man came and said, "Come with me".  So we followed obviously, sat in 2 seats, and then to our surprise, he throws on his headphone things and says, 'Weee're back"...WHAT?  I almost died.  I wasn't ready.  We hadn't planned what we were going to say.  so he said, "I'm here with Maria Guerra and McChesney" hahah.  I was like where did he get  the name Maria?  I almost lost it in mid air.  But, we ended up doing great.  Little did he know I spoke English and my companion Portuguese.  We truly spoke with the gift of tongues.  It was a blessing!  Then all of our other companions all over Bariloche told us that all their investigators heard it, and then as we were in the stores we had so many people say, "Hey, were you the ones on the radio?"  YEP.  We are famous.

We had the Capilla Abierta this Saturday.  It was a success.  I've never been so stressed preparing, but it was all worth it.  We saw miracles.  I don't think the numbers were great, but I loved what the new missionary couple said.  They said, "We need to remember that each number is a person and a soul, and that is or could be another soul numbered in the kingdom of God."  Right before we were about to finish, we had 2 people come walking in.  They said they have lived around the corner from the church for years.  They have seen each time we cut the grass, paint the brick, when we put up the steeple, and when people are playing futbol or basketball.  However, they have never seen inside the church.  So, they were curious and came!  It was a spiritual experience!  We will go and visit with them later this week.

I would love to write more about the Capilla Abierta, but I'll just have to share with you my journal entries later.  We saw tears, we saw miracles, and we even saw someone faint! HA!  It was a great day overall.

I also celebrated my year mark.  We had to travel to Neuquen, but on the ride home at midnight, I got to be with Hermana Hafen ( MTC companion).  We started together and celebrated the year mark together.  Best present ever!  So funny to think about how we started and then midnight sitting on a bus thinking, "Who would have thought a year would bring us to no sleep and a 6 hour bus ride?" haha!

I love my mission.  I have made goals that I am going to finish these next 6 months.  Here are a few:
-Finish the New Testament, Book of Mormon, and Libro de Mormon
-Write in journal every day
    *miracle
    *when I felt the spirit
    *principle I learned that day
-Stop picking my fingers...but really!  HAHA!
-Memorize all scripture mastery from BOM in Spanish

And other!

I know this is the work of the Lord.  I know that Jesus Christ is with each and every one of us, so long as we allow him into our lives.  I know that the Atonement is real!  I know that the Book of Mormon changes lives, for I truly have been changes.  I know that each of you, too, can be changed through the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Keep working and being an example to those around you!

LOVE  MY FAMILY!!

Hermana McChesney

Wow, what a long email.  So lucky I took typing in 8th grade. ;)
Also mundial (The world cup) starts this week.  It's going to be crazy!  Nobody is going to let us in.  HERE'S TO A WINTER IN BARILOCHE IN THE STREETS!  Good thing I have new boots.







No comments:

Post a Comment