Monday, June 30, 2014

Happy Fourth of July!

So, the good news is that THE UNITED STATES and ARGENTINA are still in the MUNDIAL. ;)

That's one small thing to rejoice about!  Ha!

Just to start out, this morning was way too crazy, and I'm writing on a hungry stomach.  The food here is SO expensive.  This morning we went searching for food that was cheap (learned that from you mom...thanks).  But still, we are yet to find it!  I just want the artichoke panini from Blue Lemon. Ha!

Also, I found 15 dollars the other day in my suitcase.  I'M RICH!  I got them traded into pesos this morning. It was a miracle.  I passed by this man thinking, "Nah, I'll trade with someone else..."  Then I had a feeling to turn around and ask him.  He then took me to his little store and he asked us, "What ward do you go to?"  We were caught off guard.  He was a member, but inactive hace 15 anos.  He served a mission and all.  Long story short, we will now be passing by his place to help him return. :)  Just the little promptings.

Oh, and to top off the morning, I had to shove a drunk man so he wouldn't kiss me.  I quickly thought, "I hope nobody saw me shove him..."  But it was definitely necessary!

Overall, this week was great.  Our numbers wouldn't show it, but it was!  Let me start out with "J".  He is such a sweetheart.  He is 14 years old and is searching for the truth.  Sounds a lot like Jose Smith, no?  Finally we were able to have a lesson with him.  He accepted the Book of Mormon and is so excited to read it....and...HE ACCEPTED A BAPTISMAL DATE.  26 OF JULY!! YAY!

He then went to church in a different ward with a friend.  He now has 2 assistances and only needs one more to be baptized.

As we were walking back to our pension to eat lunch, a car pulled up, rolled down the window, and said, "Hey, there's a kid in here who says he know you"..  We bent down and looked in the car and sure enough, there was "J"  The family then said they were planning a FHE and we were invited.  Yay!  Now, everyone, listen up.  That is the way to do it.  Plan a FHE, invite a non member and the missionaries.  Then everyone will be happy.  So, we are excited to meet with them this week.

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO LEARN!!  Let's all cry.

But, like I said, this week was great.  My testimony was strengthened.  I know the church is true!  I have no doubt.  I know that we can pray to confirm our testimony and that we will feel the power of the spirit testify that we are in the truth.  I encourage you all to confirm your testimony of the church, and of Joseph Smith, and of the Book of Mormon.  I promise, the feeling is the same now as it was years ago when we all first asked.

I love this gospel.
I love the Book of Mormon.
I love being a missionary!

Thank you all for your emails.  My family is the greatest! :)

Exito
Hermana McChesney

Oh, I'm headed to Neuquen this week.  Yip Yip.  Bus rides or die.



No comments:

Post a Comment