Monday, September 15, 2014

I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON!!!

Hello family!!

First I want to say THANK YOU so much for all the emails and pictures you are sending me.  They are so cute and it makes me remember ...wow, I really do love my family ;) ha!  No kidding!  Always thinking and praying for you guys.  Love you all so much!

This week was an interesting one.  Starting out with Monday, we woke up at 4:00 am to go and pick up an hermana in the terminal.  I think from that early waking I still haven't recuperated.   Then there must have been something in the water, the noodles, the hotdogs, the meat, the fruit, or the cake that the members gave us to eat that made me super sick...

Headed to the hospital and hey, on the bright side, I didn't have an appendicitis.  WOOO!!  It was horrible!  Long story short, I'm alive :)  I'm feeling a lot better today, but imagine this:

Having to confirm lunch
ring ring..."Sorry, I can't eat
anything..only rice and noodles.."
Walk into a house for lunch
They make the best looking food in
the whole entire world.
"Oh, here you go hermana McChesney
(plop a plate of plain noodles..or
polenta on my plate)!"
It's so hard to see everyone eat
chicken and salad
so, I cry inside, and eat my slave
food.
hahaha!

Okay, it's not that bad.  I'm super grateful that the members are so willing to help me out.  My companion is like my mom because she is making sure I follow this diet plan for 5 days.  Horrible!  But I'm doing better, so I'm grateful!!  I'm ALIVE!

This week we saw "C".  Let me just say one thing...SHE IS READING THE BOOK OF MORMON EVERYDAY!!  Oh and one more thing..SHE IS READING GOSPEL PRINCIPLES TOO!!  She knows everything.  She is marking her little scriptures and loving it, and with her example, her little sister wants to learn, too.  So her little sister is now listening and wants to be baptized! :)  We now are going to have "J" and "C" be baptized the same day and a couple other investigators of the elders for a big NOCHE BLANCA.

I know that if our investigators read the Book of Mormon they will progress and stay strong in the gospel.  I love what you said, mom, that when our scripture study is casual, our prayers will be casual, and thus our relationship with God will be casual.  We need to STUDY and SEARCH the scriptures.

Just barely I was reading and came across a verse I found so cute.  It's in Alma 53:2.  It says, "Now behold, this Lehi was a man who had been with Moroni in the more part of all his battles; and he was a man like unto Moroni, and they rejoiced in each other's safety; yea, they were beloved by each other, and also beloved by all the people of Nephi".

This verse touched my heart.  It made me think of how great of friends they were.  They were with each other through it all.  Like they were family.  It's something so small but it made me think of me and my companions, and then also me and my family.  Truly we need to be united in all we do and love each other.  For if we love each other, others will love us, too :)  How cute.  Best friends Lehi and Moroni :)

Now imagine this:

Getting called to lead the hymns..again like normal.
But, also being asked to give a talk, improv, in church.
Okayyyy talk about nerves.
I was already white as a ghost from being sick..
I don't know why I was so nervous..
But, I was the first speaker so I didn't get to prepare anything fast because I was busy leading the songs..ha!

It went really well though.  I talked about the missionary work and shared an experience.  Everyone liked it a lot..I got some people to cry too (bonus points) ha!  Kidding!  But, it was a great experience for me.  I really felt privileged!

Well, love you all!  I know that truly this is the gospel of Jesus Christ.  That he is the head of the church.  I know that He lives and He loves each and every one of us.  There is nobody who has more love for us than he and our Father have.

Happy Monday!

XOXO
Hermana McChesney


      This is the picture we took when we found out we got to stay together this transfer!  yay!

                                         The only food I can eat until I am healthy again. :(

                                                               Service in Zapala!

                                                           I love working with families!


            I made some brownies but they don't look like the brownies I usually make at home.



No comments:

Post a Comment