Monday, September 29, 2014

The Happiest I've Been!

The excitement I still have in my heart is making it hard for me to write fast enough.  I want to write EVERYTHING about what happened this past weekend, but let me just start off by saying, I love this gospel!!!

We had the goal to reach the standard of the mission.  So, we decided to start to work early Pday so we weren't stressed the end of the week.  We knew it would b e hard because we had an activity in the ward and also interviews with president..so we worked SUPER hard.  And with our faith, desire, and the hep of the Lord we achieved it!!

It was the most wonderful, stressful weeks of my life.  Let's just say, I have never put 6 baptismal dates with people in one week.  Now, that's just crazy!

This week we had the Baptism of "C".  As we were walking to her interview she was just gleaming!  She said, "I had a dream last night that I was a missionary with my missionary plaque".  WOW!  I almost died.  I almost jumped, and screamed, and did a little dance in the street, but then I thought:  1. I am a representative of Jesus Christ.  2. I don't remember how to dance.  3. If I dance, I'm sure nobody will want to listen to our message, and "C" will turn around and not be baptized.  ha!  Nahh kidding.  But I really was the happiest missionary in the whole world.  To think that my service has lead to help another future missionary.  :)

We had Noche Blanca with 4 people getting baptized.  "J" is just a doll.  She was so nervous.  She looked so cute!  "C" who is just the most prepared person I have ever met.  "O" who was from the other hermanas and "M"who was from the elders.  We were so blessed to have President and his wife there too!  The spirit was so strong.

After "C" was baptized, she left the font gleaming.  Truly!  I have never seen somebody with such a big smile on their face.  She is truly going to bless so many lives.

She was confirmed the next day in church and we were able to walk with her and her little sister.  Her little sister wants to be baptized.  She told us that she feels so comfortable in the church.  She stayed with the young women and loved it.  She wants to start going to seminary, too.  I don't think I've ever been so happy in my whole life.  Never.  I love this feeling!

There are so many more details I wish I could share in this short moment, but I just want to say that I know the Lord listens and answers our prayers.  We only had 1 investigator in the church.. and we needed 2 to meet the standard.  We prayed and even went outside trying to invite people in.  We finally sat down and accepted that maybe it wouldn't happen..but never lost the faith.  And then suddenly not one, but TWO investigators came walking in!  We had 3 in the sacrament meeting.  WOW!  I love the power of prayer and the faith that I have learned.

I know that the Lord is preparing His children here in Argentina, and in all of the World.  This is His work.  He is hoping that we can do our part to find all His lost children and bring them back into the fold.

We also have been seeing a great change in the church with less actives.  I love less active work. :)  "M" came to church and "G" and "L" and "V", and wow, just so many people.  We had 87 people!!  It's just the happiest to know that the church is growing each and every week.  I love to be a part of this grand work!

I love the gospel.  I have a testimony that God hears and answers our prayers after we do all that we can.  He knows what we need and all of the desires of our heart.  He will always listen.  He will always do His part is we do our first.

Hope you all have the best week ever!  Let's hope these 6 people with dates now can too be baptized :)

The happiest missionary in all the world..
Hermanan McChesney

Shoutouts
Shout out to my little brother for getting a full scholarship offer to BYU!  I knew you would!  So proud!
Shout out to Rachel Smith and the engagement!  Woot!


                                                        We met our goal!  Yeah!

                                                                    A turtle...eek!
                                                                  A dear friend!

                             I can't wait until I can hold children again!  This breaks my heart!

                                                         The best day ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment